Crugo is a cloud based network which is owned and maintained by Crugo within the U.K. One of the functionalities within Crugo is file sharing and uploading. We enable each user to utilise 100GB of storage for all data and file types. Crugo will store this on your very own private network.
When uploading files into the platform, any file type (Mp4, MPG, Zip to name a few) can be uploaded into the platform, allowing you to return to that file at a later date. Each user will be able to upload 5GB files at any one time, which is bigger than most other tools on the market.
Files can be shared within or around groups, or can be kept private dependant on your needs. We have allowed this to be fully flexible so that the right files are being sent to the right people. We understand at Crugo that storage is essential for business, data sensitive files/information need to be kept in one place, which is exactly what Crugo allows you to do. Why have files in multiple different places with poor amounts of storage space? When you can keep all files secure and safe within your very own Crugo account with 100GB of storage per user.
When downloading content on the Crugo platform, all files are streamed from the cloud storage provider through the Crugo private cloud which authenticates each users request then passes the stream onto the end user if they have the correct authentication level. This means files are kept secure and will not be visible to users outside of your Crugo network, even if a direct link is shared.
How to download & upload files within Crugo
- Uploading (Groups)
Uploading can be done through groups or individuals, by clicking the appropriate group and then clicking the + sign next to where you type a message, you are able to upload any file type into that specific group. We also allow you to drag a specific file and drop it into the specific chat/group that file needs to go.
2. Uploading (File bar)
At the top of your Crugo platform there is the file functionality, by clicking this, it will take you to all of your uploads within Crugo and to everything that has ever been shared with you. To upload a file into this section, you will simply need to click to upload button located at the bottom of the platform, you will then be prompted to select the appropriate file from your device. Dragging and dropping into this section will also allow you to upload the correct file.
To download any file you will simply need to hover over the file you are wanting to download and click the download button. This will open your file using the correct programme.
Files have the following functions,
- Editing the file name
- By clicking onto the file of your choice you are able to comment on any file by clicking the bubble in the bottom left hand corner, You can then apply any information to the file of your choice. Other users within the platform will be able to read this information.
Editing the file name
1. Simply click onto the pencil icon to bring up the file name change. This is located in the bottom left corner.
2. You will then be prompted to type a new file name in. (As seen above)
3. Once you have chosen the correct file name, press enter and it should now change your file to the appropriate name.
- Files can also be tagged/untagged within specific groups. If a file needs to be located within one of your project groups, you simply need to click the tag/untag button.
- You will then be taken to this page which will allow you to choose the correct group of where that file needs to go. Simply click on the circle next to the group name to attach the file to that specific group. If you want to remove the file from a specific group, simply click the blue circle to remove this.
Deleting a file
- A file can be deleted at any moment, once a file is deleted there is no trace of this file existing via Crugo. By clicking the delete button this will enable you to remove any irellevant files within your Crugo platform.